videomixer alpha transparency does not work on NVIDIA Jetson

rary s1413091 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:14:24 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I'm trying following pipeline videomixer with 2 videotestsrc with alpha
channels.
This pipeline is from
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-alpha.html

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc pattern=snow ! mixer.sink_0 \
  videotestsrc pattern=smpte75 ! alpha method=green ! mixer.sink_1 \
  videomixer name=mixer sink_0::zorder=0 sink_1::zorder=1 ! \
  videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! xvimagesink

The pipeline works on my laptop linux machine.
However, does not work on Jetson TX2 and Xavier.

The main difference is cpu.
laptop is x86_64 but Jetson use arm cpu.

Anyone have information related to this?

Result picture:
laptop linux machine
https://imgur.com/a/ilxnvpg
Jetson TX2/Xavier