Opposite of "tee" or a way to merge two audio sources?

Jayesh Dalal jayeshdalal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:25:36 UTC 2019

Hello,

I've a pipeline which is reading from mic and sending audio information to
a server:

gst-launch-1.0 alsasrc ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! oggmux !
shout2send mount=/stream.ogg port=8000 ip=localhost

That works great, however when there is no sound coming from the mic, I
need to pipe a static file.

I can use cutter element (
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-cutter.html)
to detect silence, but how do I change the pipe to read from a file
"uridecodebin uri=file:///path/to/audiofile" during silence and back to mic
when it detects some audio?

Is there an element that is a reverse of a "tee" element which will allow
me to merge two audio sources?

Thanks in advance.

Jayesh