GStreamer > rtsp > tcp dump > dissector > reaasembly > playable video file

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Sat Feb 23 02:06:17 UTC 2019

I may be missing some context here, but why do you need to TCP dump in order to save into a file?

Won’t something like the following achieve roughly the same?

gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=rtsp://ip.address:port/mapping ! x264enc ! qtmux ! filesink location=file.mp4 -e

This will receive de RTSP stream, decode it, re-encode it, and save it to a file. If you knew the camera’s encoding format and handled key frames properly you could do it without the transcoding and save the processing (and battery life).

You could even capture the 4 cameras and combine them in a single file using the compositor.

Michael
www.ridgerun.com