GStreamer > rtsp > tcp dump > dissector > reaasembly > playable video file

darius manta103g at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:25:55 UTC 2019

Thank you Michael,
Thank you Nicolas,

at the Wireshark ask forum I was told
the solution described by you is not supported by the Wireshark

"gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=rtsp://ip.address:port/mapping ! x264enc !
qtmux ! filesink location=file.mp4 -e

This will receive de RTSP stream, decode it, re-encode it, and save it to a
file. If you knew the camera’s encoding format and handled key frames
properly you could do it without the transcoding and save the processing
(and battery life).

You could even capture the 4 cameras and combine them in a single file using
the compositor.

---

WiFi Direct IP camera generally comes with support for multicasting but
number of concurrent users is limited to 4 or 8, as I was told.

What is hot about WiFi Direct IP camera is no extra hardware like router,
server, Internet access, is required to watch video streamed locally on
tablet, smartphone, laptop

Limit set on a number of concurrent users is an obstacle for me if I plan my
WiFi Direct camera to
stream video as a public camera ( not encrypted)
since that number of users, having once connnected to the camera ( wifi
pairing) and staying connected locally for a longer time, may block any new
user from accessing my public camera.

Linux supports monitor mode for selected wifi interface usb dongles
to let app to look for wifi stream and wifi stream from my public camera/s (
if m ore than 1 installed), identified not by pairing but by UID / SSID of
my camera

to dissect the wifi stream to get only video stream from my camera and get
it processed to make it playable live in video player / web b rowser/ VLC

Ok, video stream from my public camera over wifi, can be identified by some
source/destination addresses but ACK messages come as third party's traffic

so I am not sure if the solution can handle such tcp dump correctly.

2.
Buying IP camera I don't get API,  specification, configuration manual
all I get is a request to get Guard app from Google Play (for Android) and
nothing more

3.
I would like to emulate WiFi Direct standard with wifi router / server /
wifi interface / GStreamer
to let me run tests if my concept is feasible

to make public WiFi Direct IP camera accessible by 10+ peers in multicast
mode

4.
I am not aware of relations between WiFi Direct vs. ONVIF camera standards
so I would like to emulate ONVIF camera with the above hardware/ software
configuration
to run more tests

Let me know your opinion