OpenGL: Is it possible to store a 'glimagetransformation applied' video to a file?

Peter Körner ml at mazdermind.de
Mon Feb 25 20:06:27 UTC 2019

Hi

On 21.02.19 16:57, vk_gst wrote:
> In the above case, the file is created but when I open it there's nothing
> that is displayed.

Please be more specific. Is the file 0-bytes, has it size, does a
specific player not play it back?

What I suspect is, that upon termination of your program no EOS Event is
triggered (instead the application is just terminated), which prevents
mp4mux from writing a compatible .mp4 file. There is data in the file,
it is just not playable.

This command works only with the --eos-on-shutdown flag for that reason.

gst-launch-1.0 --eos-on-shutdown videotestsrc ! glupload !
glcolorconvert ! gltransformation rotation-y=30 ! gldownload !
videoconvert ! x264enc ! mp4mux ! filesink location=abc.mp4

Regards