how decode/create video from h264 frames with gstreamer-1.0/gst-launch-1.0

mihaita ivascumihaita at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 11:08:13 UTC 2019

Hello,

     I have the following situation: I am working on an embedded platform
and I capture video content(or use a test pattern generator) from a camera.
     My h264 hardware compression engine saves compressed h264 frames in
DDR.
     From DDR I access the h264 frames in user-space linux. Here in linux I
wish to decode the h264 frames and create a video stream using gstreamer.
    Is this possible?
    If yes what would the syntax for gst-launch in my linux application in
order to give input h264 frames and create a decoded video stream out of
them?
    Just calling gst-launch would be able to solve this requirements or I
need to create some gstreamer app myself and make a memory map for the h264
frames ?

Thanks,
      Mihaita