Multiple types of output caps?

j1432 other3 at buffingtonfx.com
Thu Feb 28 15:03:34 UTC 2019

I'm working with a stereo camera (two lenses) and have been asked to set
things up such that I have output pads as follows:

* Both side by side (double width)
* Left only (single width)
* right only (single width)

Is that possible?  If so, how would I set up my transform_caps function?
Would I do something like ensure it fails if given a sink pad's caps but
make it translate properly if given a src pad's caps?  From my
experimentation it appears that it will try both ways if the first few
attempts at a sink pad fail.    My input caps will always be the same
regardless of what the final program chooses to connect to.

I think that I might just have to end up writing two versions, one with
regular-sized outputs and one with the double-sized output.