rbfsrc to video file

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Jan 15 15:35:52 UTC 2019

Le mardi 15 janvier 2019 à 12:11 +0100, AGAYEV, LEVON a écrit :
> Hello,
> I started using GStreamer 3 days ago, so sorry for my lack of knowledge
>
> I wanted to connect to a VNC server and record the GUI.
>
> For the moment i'm able to connect and display the remote GUI,
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v rfbsrc host=xx.xx.x.x port=5900 password=passw view-only=true ! videoconvert !  openh264enc !  "video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream" ! openh264dec ! autovideosink
>
> now i only replace the  autovideosink  by  filesink location=test.mp4

You need two things, first use -e, so that gst-launch-1.0 will send an
EOS when you press CTRL+C and properly finish wriping the MP4 headers.
And then replace "openh264dec ! autovideosink" with "h264parse ! mp4mux
! filesink location=test.mp4" then it should work a little better.

> the video file is created (not empty) but i can't read it with WindowsMediaPlayer or VLC
> I also tryed  filesink location=test.h264   and enabled VLC's H264 demuxer, but no result.
>
> In some exemples i can see that the last step before filesink is XXXXmux , but if i try
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v rfbsrc host=10.81.4.68 port=5900 password=pa009v view-only=true ! videoconvert !  openh264enc  ! flvmux  !  filesink location=test.flv
>
> i get : WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link openh264enc0 to flvmux0

You need a parser, h264parse in your case, in front of the muxer. H264
has multiple type of encapsulation and h264parse is able to
convert/adapt to the difference between you encoder and muxer
requirements.