Use of "on-sending-rtcp" signal

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Jan 19 16:38:22 UTC 2019

Le samedi 19 janvier 2019 à 17:06 +0100, Philippe Lalevée a écrit :
> Hello
> I still have problems when using on-sending-rtcp/on-receiving signals
> (I would like to send RTCP packets of APP type).

The RTPSession API isn't public, I'm not sure it is correct to use this
from an application. I believe you should better describe what you are
trying to do. It might be described in the original thread, but you
seem to have create a new thread, which means it's harder to find the
context.

regards,
Nicolas

> After having configured callbacks both for these signals (on the
> rtpsession object as mentioned by Sebastian) and for probes in rtcp
> pads, I have the following behavior on the talker side: in the two
> callbacks, I only have RR and SDES packets, and never SR packets,
> while I see SR packets with the probe callback, and whereas I see
> them in the listener side in the "on_receiving_rtcp" callback.
> Symmetrically, I have the same problem on the listener side.
>
> Another problem is that APP packets are not transmitted from the
> talker to the listener. Here is shortened the sequence of
> instructions called in the on-sending-rtcp callback function:
> - gst_rtcp_buffer_map(buffer, GST_MAP_READWRITE, &rtcp)
> - gst_rtcp_buffer_add_packet(&rtcp, GST_RTCP_TYPE_APP, &packet)
> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_subtype(&packet, subtype)
> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_ssrc(&packet, ssrc)
> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_name(&packet, name)
> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_data_length (&packet, len)
> - data = gst_rtcp_packet_app_get_data(&packet)
> - GST_WRITE_UINT32_BE(data, value)
> - ...
> - return TRUE
>
> Do I have to do something special at the end of the function, before
> the return instruction, for the packet to be taken into account?
> otherwise what could be the problem?

Did you unmap you RtcpBuffer ? What is this function you are
implementing ? What is it supposed to do ?