Use of "on-sending-rtcp" signal

Philippe Lalevée philippe.lalevee at mines-stetienne.fr
Sat Jan 19 17:29:05 UTC 2019

Hi Nicolas,
I agree that I would like to do is not public. But if we execute
"gst-inspect-1.0 rtpbin", we have an "element action"
(get-internal-session) which returns a RTPSession. In a previous mail, I
mentioned that include files to use RTPSession related stuff are not
present in libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-dev package.

What I am trying to do is to implement RTCP AVB (type 208) packets
(IEEE1733, see http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/rtcp.htm for
instance). For that, my first idea was to use APP packets to transmit
AVB data from a talker to listeners, in order that talker and listeners
no longer use NTP, but PTP clock.

As it's pretty urgent, I wanted to avoid developing gstreamer extensions
(anyway I do not have the skills for that). That's why I try to use
on-sending-rtcp signal, to retrieve before they are sent the buffers of
RTCP packets, and in them, to add APP packets with the sequence of
function calls, indicated in my mail.

Would there be other ways to do that?
Best
Philippe

Le 19/01/2019 à 17:38, Nicolas Dufresne a écrit :
> Le samedi 19 janvier 2019 à 17:06 +0100, Philippe Lalevée a écrit :
>> Hello
>> I still have problems when using on-sending-rtcp/on-receiving signals
>> (I would like to send RTCP packets of APP type).
> The RTPSession API isn't public, I'm not sure it is correct to use this
> from an application. I believe you should better describe what you are
> trying to do. It might be described in the original thread, but you
> seem to have create a new thread, which means it's harder to find the
> context.
>
> regards,
> Nicolas
>
>> After having configured callbacks both for these signals (on the
>> rtpsession object as mentioned by Sebastian) and for probes in rtcp
>> pads, I have the following behavior on the talker side: in the two
>> callbacks, I only have RR and SDES packets, and never SR packets,
>> while I see SR packets with the probe callback, and whereas I see
>> them in the listener side in the "on_receiving_rtcp" callback.
>> Symmetrically, I have the same problem on the listener side.
>>
>> Another problem is that APP packets are not transmitted from the
>> talker to the listener. Here is shortened the sequence of
>> instructions called in the on-sending-rtcp callback function:
>> - gst_rtcp_buffer_map(buffer, GST_MAP_READWRITE, &rtcp)
>> - gst_rtcp_buffer_add_packet(&rtcp, GST_RTCP_TYPE_APP, &packet)
>> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_subtype(&packet, subtype)
>> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_ssrc(&packet, ssrc)
>> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_name(&packet, name)
>> - gst_rtcp_packet_app_set_data_length (&packet, len)
>> - data = gst_rtcp_packet_app_get_data(&packet)
>> - GST_WRITE_UINT32_BE(data, value)
>> - ...
>> - return TRUE
>>
>> Do I have to do something special at the end of the function, before
>> the return instruction, for the packet to be taken into account?
>> otherwise what could be the problem?
>
> Did you unmap you RtcpBuffer ? What is this function you are
> implementing ? What is it supposed to do ?
>> Thank you for your help
>> Philippe Lalevée

Logo MINES Saint-Étienne
*Philippe LALEVÉE*
Directeur du Campus Georges Charpak Provence
Directeur du Centre Microélectronique de Provence <http://cmp.emse.fr>
Président de la Plate-forme Micro-PackS <http://www.pf-micropacks.org>
+33 4 42 61 67 15 / +33 6 23 02 15 01
philippe.lalevee at mines-stetienne.fr
<mailto:philippe.lalevee at mines-stetienne.fr>
@CampusCharpak <https://twitter.com/CampusCharpak> #ISMIN
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/ISMIN> @p_lalevee
<https://twitter.com/p_lalevee>
Campus Georges Charpak Provence
880 route de Mimet, F-13541 Gardanne Cedex
www.mines-stetienne.fr <http://www.mines-stetienne.fr/> @MINES_StEtienne
<https://twitter.com/MINES_StEtienne>
Assistante CGCP : Lisette MASSON
<mailto:lisette.masson at mines-stetienne.fr>         (+33 442616620)