Use of "on-sending-rtcp" signal

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Jan 20 17:16:06 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-01-20 at 10:58 +1100, Matthew Waters wrote:
> On Sun., 20 Jan. 2019, 10:28 Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca
> wrote:
> >
> > Le sam. 19 janv. 2019 14 h 27, Sebastian Dröge <
> > sebastian at centricular.com> a écrit :
> > > receiving

> > > use
> > > what
> >
> > I don't agree. The API being public would mean we install the
> > appropriate header. These things are not event in GST namespace. As
> > we expose the opaque object as a GObject, yes, we have made public
> > the properties and signal, but we don't document it. I totally
> > disagree with having to maintain API stability here for our
> > internal RTP helpers.
>
> What makes you think the internal API as exposed through the GObject
> properties and signals is not public?  My understanding is that it is
> public API.  Just because there is no header, doesn't mean the API is
> not public.  How do you explain element properties then or even
> GObject properties in general which require no headers for use.
>
> Documentation of the internal rtpsession isn't exposed presumably due
> to limitations in gtk-doc however it is written for public use.

Also why would there otherwise be the "internal-session" GObject
property on the rtpsession element, or the "get-internal-session"
action signals on rtpbin?

It's public API just like the properties and signals on the rtpsource
objects, and even if it was not intended as such (which is not the case
from what I understand) it would be too late now to change it in
incompatible ways. There's too much code depending on them.

The parts that are not public API are not exposed via GObject
properties/signals and are only accessible internally via private C
API.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com