Use of "on-sending-rtcp" signal

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 23:58:28 UTC 2019

On Sun., 20 Jan. 2019, 10:28 Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca wrote:

> Le sam. 19 janv. 2019 14 h 27, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
> a écrit :

>> > The RTPSession API isn't public, I'm not sure it is correct to use
>> > this from an application. I believe you should better describe what
>> > you are trying to do.
>>

> I don't agree. The API being public would mean we install the appropriate
> header. These things are not event in GST namespace. As we expose the
> opaque object as a GObject, yes, we have made public the properties and
> signal, but we don't document it. I totally disagree with having to
> maintain API stability here for our internal RTP helpers.

What makes you think the internal API as exposed through the GObject
properties and signals is not public?  My understanding is that it is
public API.  Just because there is no header, doesn't mean the API is not
public.  How do you explain element properties then or even GObject
properties in general which require no headers for use.

Documentation of the internal rtpsession isn't exposed presumably due to
limitations in gtk-doc however it is written for public use.