AES sender pipeline options

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jan 29 18:33:52 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 11:52 -0600, James Cowdery wrote:
> HI Sebastian,
>         So I tried setting the timestamp-offset using a data pad probe on
> the previous block to the RTP payloader so that it is set just before the
> first packet enters the payloader. It seems that timestamp-offset has to be
> set before the pipeline is set to run otherwise it is ineffective. What is
> the easiest way around this?
> I've thought of a few but they all seem complex e.g. writing a modified
> payloader plugin etc.

It should be sufficient to set it before caps negotiation happens or
maybe even before the first buffer arrives in the payloader.

You could install a pad probe on the sink pad of the payloader to get
notified about either a) the CAPS event arriving, b) the first buffer
arriving, and then set the property from there.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com