Synchronization precision

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:49:01 UTC 2019

> For what it's worth, Marc Leeman also gave a talk about this at the
> GStreamer Conference 2011:
>
> https://gstconf.ubicast.tv/videos/displaying-sychronized-video-2
>
> (Don't remember into how much detail it went in terms of solutions
> though, just thought it might be of interest).

The demo back then was in GStreamer 0.10 and was using GstNetClock. It was
sync'd  to less than one frame. I will need to set it up gain using
GStreamer 1.x

That is the slight difference between 'content lock' and 'frame lock'. For
getting the lock better than 'content lock', you'll need to steer the vsync
of the displays.

--
g. Marc