gst-plugins-bad 1.14.5 and new GstMpegtsCableDeliverySystemDescriptor type

Valentin David valentin.david at codethink.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 12:15:27 UTC 2019

Hello,

When trying to update gst-plugins-bad to 1.14.5 on Freedesktop SDK, we
found out that some functions were added in a library that is publicly
linkable (libgstmpegts-1.0.so).

This is an issue for us, because we cannot be certain that an
application built against a new version of the SDK will never try to
run against an older version of the runtime.

It is claimed that 1.14.5 only fixes bugs. But I do not find reference
to any bug in commits 982f839486fba2536cd21fc45d0f65b6fcfcc3ea and
1f5711a8bd1ac403ad53f66da831d51f4c959084.

We also found out that reverting those two commits, everything still
compiles.

I would like to know what would be the implication of manually
reverting those commits in our build to provide 1.14.5 to our users.
What bugs will not be fixed?