playback H264 encoded file too fast

jles jlesquer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:50:03 UTC 2019

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your answer. I see what's the issue but I'd like to understand
this a bit better....

I'm already adding timestamps here:
       (........)
        g_object_set(G_OBJECT(appsrc), "do-timestamp", TRUE, NULL);
       (........)
        GST_BUFFER_PTS (buffer) = timestamp;
        GST_BUFFER_DURATION (buffer) = gst_util_uint64_scale_int (1,
GST_SECOND,
(guint8) fps);
        timestamp += GST_BUFFER_DURATION (buffer);

That timestamps look like are added to the GST buffer right? so can I assume
that they are only use in the gstreamer flow and they are not added to the
frames during H264 encoding?

So a solutions seems to be to add the H264 stream into a mp4 container
right?

Would it possible to do that with the generated H264 file, without the time
stamp info? or what would it be the "best way" to do it?