AW: playback H264 encoded file too fast

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Thu Jul 11 12:26:08 UTC 2019

H264 normal doesn't store timestamps. The Buffers going into your Encoder are in PTS order (Presentation Time). The buffers coming out of the Encoder are in DTS order (Decode Time). If you add a Muxer to your pipeline This information will be stored in the mp4 Header blocks. When it is played, the demuxer takes this information and passes it to the decoder so that your recording will be played at the proper speed.