SRT support build on Debian Buster. Nothing available yet. Cerbero fails to configure for source install.

Daniel Rossi electroteque at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 09:09:19 UTC 2019

This is the exact problem on windows.

I've gone around in circles with getting it installed on Debian, I need
to get a working Debian package anyway for Raspberry PI targets. The
gst-build project was a failure. I couldnt get it properly installed and
running gst-launch, it complained about missing a gst-doc project after
an hour downloading and compiling.

I've tried cerbero twice. It failed intially on a PI Desktop Debian
image because of wierd arch issues with 32 bit library locations. It
successfully built packages on Debian 10, but it did not go as far as
install the packages. It seems to not have made a package for
"plugins-bad" which is needed for SRT support and there is zero
documentation how to do that.

I tried to install gstreamer as a binary package and recompile
"plugins-bad" from sources but it complained about not finding a
gstreamer version that was already there so I scrapped trying there.
According to these docs. This documented process worked on Ubuntu Server
however.

https://qiita.com/tetsu_koba/items/b12a6de83185a5267217

I've hit deadends and roadblocks along the way for something that might
have taken a few minutes to install.  I've spent 3 days trying to get a
working linux binary because SRT is missing from the Debian/Ubuntu
packages. Still nothing yet.

This is the Windows output.

gst-launch-1.0 -v srtserversrc uri="srt://127.0.0.1:8888" ! decodebin !
autovideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
18:55:57.646831!!FATAL!!: SRT.c: CChannel reported ERROR DURING
TRANSMISSION - IPE. INTERRUPTING worker anyway.

Acting as a pull client test has been working with the Windows version.
I was able to test gst-launch on the Ubuntu server where wowza is. So
locally that was working but I need to do remote tests to  receiver
client behind a NAT. Wowza SRT transmission acts as a push to the client
acting as a UDP server. I've not managed to test this and confirm NAT
configuring on my EdgeRouter is actually working.