Beginner question re gstreamer-plugins-bad and MPEG-TS

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 18:48:27 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 9:55 PM Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:
> Ok, so I have compiled:
>
> GST_Build/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/tests/examples/mpegts/ts-parser.c
>
> and
>
> GST_Build/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/tests/examples/mpegts/ts-section-write.c
>
> for my gstreamer installation (as opposed to building the whole of GStreamer)
> but how are they to be used once compiled?

Hmm, it's not clear to me what you're asking here, exactly. Usage of
an example generally has to be figured out by reading the source code,
in this case it looks like at least ts-parser takes a pipeline
description on argv, plays the pipeline, and then parses element
messages from the mpegts element and dumps mpegts sections to stdout.

Cheers,
Nirbheek