Beginner question re gstreamer-plugins-bad and MPEG-TS

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jul 15 19:18:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 00:18 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
[…]
> Hmm, it's not clear to me what you're asking here, exactly. Usage of
> an example generally has to be figured out by reading the source code,
> in this case it looks like at least ts-parser takes a pipeline
> description on argv, plays the pipeline, and then parses element
> messages from the mpegts element and dumps mpegts sections to stdout.

Thanks for picking up on this, much appreciated.

I always though the responsibility of good software developers was to give
suitable documentation so that reading the source code in order to use a
executable was not required.

Thanks for taking a look at the code and deducing that use case. It's just a
pity that isn't in the source code file. I shall definitely give it a go based
on your thoughts.

I'm guessing ts-section-write.c works likewise

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200