MPEG-TS and Rust

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jul 16 09:03:55 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 09:32 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 09:23 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > […]
> >
> > Thanks. The problem here is that you don't provide valid data to the
> > descriptor, please check the MPEG-TS and DVB specs or at least the
> > parsing code. One place where this is described is ETSI EN 300 468 in
> > annex A.
>
> I am using ETSI EN 300 468 V1.15.1 (2016-03) as my reference for the packets.
>
> > The first byte of the text is supposed to signify the charset encoding
> > that is used (and it might be more than a single byte).
>
> The standard says Appendix A.0 that if the first character of the string is
> not an encoding byte then there is a default encoding, Latin. Thus my data
> conforms to the standard as far as I know.

Indeed, and the function is actually doing that and defaulting to ISO
6937 in that case. Unclear why it still crashes, needs an issue in
GitLab and someone to debug it.

The function is also not handling the control characters from A.1 as
far as I can see, that should probably also be fixed.

> (*) I be I have just failed to install the debug symbol packages. Have you
> moved gstreamer 1.16.0 from experimental to sid now that the Debian freeze is
> over?

Had no time for that yet, sorry.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com