Playback of a video stream is slow under GTK

pisymbol . pisymbol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 23:47:56 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 5:51 PM Mathieu Duponchelle <mathieu at centricular.com>
wrote:

> I've never seen that, but a test case would probably be helpful :)

Not sure what exactly to share:

Here is the gist of the code:

class GstPlayerWdiget(Gtk.Box):
       self.play_pipeline = Gst.Pipeline()
       factory = self.play_pipeline.get_factory()
       gtksink = Gst.ElementFactory.make('gtksink', None)
       gtksink.set_property("sync", False)

       self.ghostpad = Gst.GhostPad.new("sink",
self.vc.get_static_pad('src'))
       self.play_bin.add_pad(self.ghostpad)

       self.play_pipeline.add(gtksink)
       self.play_pipeline.add(self.play_bin)
       self.play_bin.link(gtksink)
       self.pack_start(gtksink.props.widget, True, True, 0)

       # We automatically start playing as soon as we are drawn on the
screen
       bus = self.play_pipeline.get_bus()
       bus.add_signal_watch()
       bus.enable_sync_message_emission()
       bus.connect("sync-message::element", self.on_sync_message)
       self.play_pipeline.set_state(Gst.State.PLAYING)
       gtksink.props.widget.show_all()

> Also, you should always use
> queues after demuxers.

 Threading them out always going to be faster?

-aps