Reducing one second delay on rtsp h264 stream from IP camera

chars contact at charstiles.com
Tue Jul 30 14:35:03 UTC 2019

Hello again,
The strange thing is that reducing the bitrate or resolution doesnt have an
effect on the latency at all. I tried using gst-launch-1.0 and
gst-inspect-1.0 to get a better insight on how to speed up this pipeline but
to no avail, I just need to work with the actual pipeline in my app because
those can't really simulate it accurately. I am completely new at this, and
have been working at it for weeks (I can go on with what I tried but I don't
want this post to be too long), I can't seem to get a lower
latency/processing speed.
this is my pipeline at the moment

rtspsrc
location=rtsp://admin:@192.168.8.192:554/live0.264;stream=0;user=system;pass=system;
width=192, height=108,framerate=15/1 gop-size=1 bitrate=20
drop-on-latency=true  latency=0 ! queue2 max-size-buffers=0 ! decodebin !
videoscale ! videoconvert ! appsink name=ofappsink enable-last-sample=0
caps="video/x-raw, format=RGB, width=192, height=108"

How can I make it so that reducing resolution will speed up processing? It's
the same if its 1920x1080 or 192x108. Thank you for reading, any insights
are appreciated!