Measure element latency

clubberlang taoming29 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:09:15 UTC 2019

Hey,

Thanks for sharing!

For GStreamer Tracer, I will definitely checkout 1.16 version. But another
problem is that, what if I only want latency metrics for a few elements (not
for every element). Is there a way to specify?

For the buffer PTS, I didn't intend to use it as a timestamp, but more for
identifying. But with the GstMeta approach, I don't really need PTS. I would
insert a running time timestamp in the buffer before coming in to the
element. And calculate a new one coming out of the buffer. The new timestamp
- the inserted one would be the latency.