Measure element latency

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jun 6 21:08:23 UTC 2019

Le jeudi 06 juin 2019 à 13:09 -0500, clubberlang a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> For GStreamer Tracer, I will definitely checkout 1.16 version. But another
> problem is that, what if I only want latency metrics for a few elements (not
> for every element). Is there a way to specify?

You can pass parameters to tracers. It's not currently implemented, but
using the leaks tracer as inspiration, it could be:

  GST_TRACERS="latency(flags=element,filter=mycustomelement0+myotherlement0"

Now that question is how to do that in a speedy manner. Another way is
just to use "grep" or gst-debug-log-viewer to filter. I also have used
LibreOffice Calc importation (using the raw log) and then use a pivot
table.