Plugin to differentiate streams between two cameras when using gstreamer pipeline

Akshaykulkarni akshaykulkarniak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:56:43 UTC 2019

Hi There ,

I am using gstreamer to stream video (using rtsp protocol) from my laptop
which has two cameras connected (laptop running on ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS) and
on the server side i am supposed to differentiate between camera_1 say =>
/dev/video0 and camera_2 say => /dev/video1 . I have come across
text-overlay which only displays the text on the stream where as i want to
get the text in the logs (raw text) at the server end . On the server side I
am using rtsp-record.c {which was available on github}.

So can someone suggest an appropriate plugin which can be used to
differentiate between the two streams ? any explanation with an example is
most appreciable .

- Thank you