Questions about MSVC build

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Wed Jun 19 22:10:42 UTC 2019

> What things have you noticed to be missing? The MSVC build is almost
>  entirely feature-complete. Note that the DLL naming is different in
>  the MSVC build, as noted on the download page. Instead of libfoo.dll
>  everything built with MSVC is foo.dll instead.

I stand corrected.  I had an inventory script which apparently chokes
because the filenames have changed.

When I inventoried the gstreamer elements using `gst-inspect-1.0` I only
noticed a minor difference in the plugin names for two gstreamer elements.

   - filesink <--> fdsink
   - filesrc <--> fdsrc

Followup question:  Why did the name of these two gstreamer elements change?