Offscreen rendering

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jun 21 14:54:44 UTC 2019

Le vendredi 21 juin 2019 à 08:59 -0500, claudiocordara a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to gstreamer,these days we have successfully compiled and installed
> all the components to use WPE with gstreamer, our final goal is to get the
> streaming data
> available offscreen so that they can be used, for example sent online,
> instead
> of rendered on a graphic window.
> However, we have not been able to find a way to achieve this result.
> The questions are :
>
> 1. Which videosink would I use instead of glimagesink ?
> 2. How do I fetch the decoded video data ?

There is tones of possibilities to send data to your app for custom
handling. appsink, fdsink, filesink, udpsink, tcpsink, etc. Though, if
you need to re-stream something to another node in your network, it's
probably better to do so with GStreamer instead of in your app. Be
aware that raw video isn't very suitable for streaming.