Offscreen rendering

Philippe Normand phil at base-art.net
Tue Jun 25 09:37:47 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 08:59 -0500, claudiocordara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to gstreamer,these days we have successfully compiled and
> installed
> all the components to use WPE with gstreamer, our final goal is to
> get the
> streaming data
> available offscreen so that they can be used, for example sent
> online,
> instead
> of rendered on a graphic window.
> However, we have not been able to find a way to achieve this result.
> The questions are :
>
> 1. Which videosink would I use instead of glimagesink ?

The wpesrc element outputs video frames already uploaded in the GPU. So
if you want stream this you would need to download the frames (with
gldownload), encode them and stream over the network, using RTP for
instance.

> 2. How do I fetch the decoded video data ?

It depends on which protocol you use to stream the data of course. If
you choose RTP, you can use udpsrc and decodebin. I think there's also
a source element now in git master for rtp:// URIs.

Philippe