parsebin: Not emitting no-more-pads?

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at konagma.eu
Fri Jun 21 21:04:47 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 16:23 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le vendredi 21 juin 2019 à 19:37 +0200, Krzysztof Konopko a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't see 'parsebin' emitting 'no-more-pads' signal ('pad-added'
> > is
> > fine).  I also do not see `gst_element_no_more_pads()` called
> > anywhere
> > in its implementation.
> >
> > Is this intended or am I missing something?
>
> This element is meant to be used with playbin3 elements which uses
> the
> new GstStream API and mechanism to notify new streams.

I understand the purpose of GstStream API but does this mean in this
case the 'stream-collection' message is meant to replace 'no-more-pads'
signal?

The latter seems like a fundamental part of `GstElement` API so at
least there's some inconsistency as it's advertised for example by
`gst-inspect-1.0`?

Are you saying that I should be listening for 'stream-collection'
message instead of 'no-more-pads' signal?

Kris