Print processing latency

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Mar 25 19:09:34 UTC 2019

Le lundi 25 mars 2019 à 23:25 +0530, Saurabh Bora a écrit :
> Ah..My Bad!!Thanks for pointing it out Nicolas. I was able to see GST_TRACER logs
>
> Actually, I am working on finding out latency for different elements in a live gstreamer pipeline which looks something like below:
> v4l2src ! videoconvert ! vp8enc ! webrtcbin

I'd be really happy if you give a try on what m y Colleague and I have been working on for a while. It's a enhancement of the latency trace to add per-element effective latency and also reported latency. With that you should be able to see if an element is using more latency when it's max reported latency allow. Meanwhile, I can give you a hint, vp8enc has variable latency, unless you set the dealine= property. That assumes you're CPU is fast enough.
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/merge_requests/118