Decklink SDI ! ccextractor ! x264

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:55:15 UTC 2019

Hi,

Can someone give me an example pipeline for processing captions from
decklinkvideosrc into a h.264 or mpeg2 video?  Preferably, I would like to
end up with a transport stream.

gst-launch-1.0 version 1.15.2
GStreamer 1.15.2 (GIT)
Unknown package origin

I am starting with a pipeline like:

gst-launch-1.0 decklinkvideosrc device-number=${DEVICE} mode=12
skip-first-time=500 output-cc=true video-format=2 duplex-mode=0 !
ccextractor ! autovideoconvert ! queue ! x264enc interlaced=true !
'video/x-h264, profile=(string)main' ! h264parse ! queue ! mpegtsmux
name=mux ! queue ! filesink location=video.ts    decklinkaudiosrc
device-number=${DEVICE} channels=2 name=audio ! audioconvert ! avenc_ac3
bitrate=480000 ! ac3parse ! mux.

Am I putting the ccextractor in the wrong place, or is there other elements
necessary to create the GstVideoCaptionMeta for x264enc?

TIA

John