STREAMING OVER UDP FROM RASPBERRY PI CAMERA USING GSTREAMER

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Fri May 3 09:12:34 UTC 2019

doesn't look too bad. Try receiving with gstreamer first

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 ! \
  application/x-rtp,\
  encoding-name=H264,payload=96 ! \
  rtph264depay ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! \
  autovideosink

There's also a special element for the RPI camera (gst-rpicamsrc) which
already does the h264 encoding.

You can also try first without hardware encoding:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! \
  video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! \
  x264enc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! \
  udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000

*Disclaimer: I haven't tried these commands with a recent Gstreamer

Rg,

Arnaud