Android: UnsatisfiedLinkError: "libc++_shared.so"

Stefan Persson johli392 at student.liu.se
Fri May 10 19:50:33 UTC 2019

Hi and thanks for this amazing framework.

I've migrated my Android app from GStreamer 1.14.4 to 1.16.0, and with that
moved from NDK 17c to 18b, the version mentioned in the release notes.

The app still builds fine, but when I try to start the GStreamer activity
and call System.loadLibrary("gstreamer_android"), the app crashes with that
call.

The error message is:

9178-9178/org.freedesktop.gstreamer.play E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION:
main
    Process: org.freedesktop.gstreamer.play, PID: 9178
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library
"libc++_shared.so" not found
        at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.Player.init(Player.java:31)

The above message is from the GStreamer example app I downloaded from
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/tree/playback/player/android
to see if I had missed any change in the makefiles, but as you can see the
crash can be reproduced also with that example.

I'm running the apps on an LG G6 with Android 8.0 and building everything on
Ubuntu 18.04 with Android Studio, gradle and the default Android.mk and
Application.mk.

What have I missed?

Best Regards
Stefan