Sound volume is very low when playing mkv file

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed May 22 14:00:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-05-22 at 07:23 -0500, longkas wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is because the audio stream in the mkv has 6
> channels, I'm using decodebin to translate streams, maybe I could
> combine it into 2channel audio streams, I need some help

What codec/format is the audio stream (gst-discoverer-1.0 -v file.mkv)?

And what decoder is being used in your case? (see output of gst-play-
1.0 -v or gst-launch-1.0 -v)

Is the decoder outputting 2 channels or 6 channels?

It might be that this is caused by e.g. AC-3 audio being downmixed to 2
channels improperly.

Cheers
 -Tim