gst-rtsp-server with TLS support need libgiognutls (It requires nettle which is blacklisted from a license point)

Ansa ansaahammed at gmail.com
Mon May 27 13:34:17 UTC 2019

Hi Gstreamer support Team,

I am using Gstreamer gst-rtsp-server 1.8.3 version and I am able to build an
RTSP server for my use case with out Security.

Now i need to enable TLS suppprt on my server application and use the SRTP
with GST_RTSP_PROFILE_SAVP profile.

When i run the test application, it shows "TLS support is not available"
./test-video-sec
WITH_TLS is enabled : call g_tls_certificate_new_from_pem()
failed to parse PEM: TLS support is not available

After reading through some posts, it looks like missing
"gio/modules/libgiognutls.so". I tried to add this from glib-networking.
libgiognutls requires nettle which is blacklisted from a license point and
it looks like there is no other option than using this package.

We have authentication methods using openssl in our System.
Is it possible to enable TLS support without "libgiognutls.so". Is it
possible to use Openssl libraries directly from gstreamer ?

Please advise as We are currently blocked to add security to our media
transport.

Thank You so much for your help and support,

Best Regards,
Ansa