A question about mpegtsmux and TSMUX_PACKET_FLAG_DISCONT flag

Amini, Kamran K.Amini at activevideo.com
Tue Nov 5 14:39:21 UTC 2019

Hello,

While working on mpegtsmux plugin, as part of GStreamer 1.16.1, I found out that the TSMUX_PACKET_FLAG_DISCONT flag is not set in any place within the plugin. I don’t find it very nice to ask people to set this (somehow private and internal!) flag from the filter level. It seems reasonable to me to set GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DISCONT flag on a buffer and read it in the muxer and update the internal flag. In addition, I couldn’t find any fix for this in the master branch. Please let me know if there is any reason behind not setting the TSMUX_PACKET_FLAG_DISCONT flag within the plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Kam