HTTP(S) tunneling

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Tue Nov 5 15:26:33 UTC 2019

We have an existing product in the field that uses GStreamer, and the
request has been made to secure the RTSP stream we're generating from the
GStreamer RTSP server. We use an existing player (not open source) that
doesn't appear to support rtsps. So, using TLS from within the server
itself doesn't seem to be an option. The player does, however, support RTSP
over HTTPS.

I'm curious if the typical solution people usually follow for something
like this is to place an NGINX, etc. server in front of the Gstreamer RTSP
server, or if there is some facility in GStreamer itself to support HTTPS
proxying? I see there are ways to PLAY via souphttpsrc, but is there a way
to serve?

Thanks.