How to efficiently replace vaapih265enc with omxh265enc?

jeyp4 jaiforfriend at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 12:20:18 UTC 2019

Thanks for replying.

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t379085/vaapih265enc.jpg>

Actually, above pipeline works fine, even without 'h265parse'. I am sending
buffer data in ROS msg. What I am doing at receiver side is, modifying pts,
dts with current receiver pipeline running time. And also I have to start
receiver before transmitter. In this way I observe almost no delay in
decoding ~ 2ms. I am happy with this pipeline.

Just for info: If I add h265parse in above receiver pipeline, it works then
also. But now decoding time is ~40ms. Decoding time: Difference between when
receiver received buffer and when vaapidecode dropped its output. I
confirmed this latency presence by measuring glass to glass latency also.

As I said, I am happy with above pipeline without h265parse because it is
working fine.

I am trying to replace vaapih265enc with omxh265enc !