How to efficiently replace vaapih265enc with omxh265enc?

Junyan He junyan.he at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:27:35 UTC 2019

Yeah, I am saying that.
If I understand right, your problem is that if you replace the
vaapih265enc in the encoder side with `omxh265enc`, you must add a
parser beforce the vaapih265dec at decoder size, or, the decoder will
report error.

I suspect that the frame alignment cause this problem. vaapih265enc
output just one frame in one gstbuffer, and so, one gstbuffer is
already frame aligned(appsrc/appsink seems direct forward data in unit
of gstbuffer?). I am not famaliar with omxh265enc's hehavior, it may
mix data from several frames together, with AU as delimiter. So one
gstbuffer may not be frame aligned. At decoder side, if you need to
detect the frame edge, a parser is always needed before vaapih265dec.