dynamic stream recording

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 30 06:33:36 UTC 2019

Hi Milian,

On Fri, 2019-11-29 at 11:25 +0100, Milian Wolff wrote:

> Great! Thanks for looking into this. One thing I note is that you aren't
> setting the state of the newly added branch to PLAYING, isn't that also
> required? It was required for me at least in my code that adds a branch for
> recording to a filesink.

The version I have here is doing that in line 151/152/153 and that's
also in the git repository. However it was not doing that inside
pad_added_cb(), and that is indeed missing and must be added.

Without doing that it won't work all the time at least.

> But as I said, I tried adding that to your example yet it didn't solve the
> black-screen issue for me.

It works fine for me after doing the above, which is now also in the
git repo. Are you maybe using any special decoder instead of the one of
gst-libav?

But I actually misread: I thought you were talking about the dynamic-
filter.c example. That's the one where I get a green video if I reduce
the timeout to one second.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com