Passing an Opengl texture via appsrc

1993sonu01 1993sonu01 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 21:51:33 UTC 2019

I have an application where I am trying to save encoded frames to file. My
opengl application renders to a texture (not attached to default
framebuffer).  RGBA texture-> appsrc ! nvh264enc ! avimux ! filesink. With a
lot of searching I found out how to pass my Opengl Context to gstreamer on
http://ystreet00.blogspot.com/2015/09/gstreamer-16-and-opengl-contexts.html
But I do not how to pass the texture to gstreamer element.
Also how would synchronisation work. Is it on the app to insert a glFinish()
or a glsync object or glmemory barrier? How is next element (nvh264enc in
this case) knows when to consume the texture and in same way how does app
src know it can start rendering into the texture? Any code samples will be
greatly appreciated!