Dynamically change filesink and drain data

umit sivrumit at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 07:02:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a pipeline which receives video from udp, uses tee to both decode it
and record to file using avimuxer and filesink. I want to stop recording
depending on user input(this will be done by the app later). I know about
pad probing, blocking it, unlink and remove from bin as explained below:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/advanced/pipeline-manipulation.html#changing-elements-in-a-pipeline

The problem is, filesink do not have a src pad to check if eos arrived, i.e,
data drained from it to make sure avi file is closed correctly. A similar
question was asked in the past but there is no solution:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Dynamic-pipelines-how-to-remove-sinks-td4657619.html

Thread and especially last post in it is very similar to my problem here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Umit