Tsdemux synchronous file, klv metadata extraction failed

William wgj at cast.uark.edu
Fri Oct 4 15:42:51 UTC 2019

I have not been able to get tsdemux to work either.  I finally took look at
the code and sure enough tsdemux (1.16.1) only sends asynchronous metadata
out the private pad, synchronous metadata is discarded.  I supposes that is
why it is still in the "bad" plugins; it is incomplete. So I think I am
going to have to roll my own.  Right now I'm thinking that the easiest thing
would be to extend the capabilities of tsdemux. Or maybe I should write my
own plugin to parse out only the meta/x-kvl packets. Can someone with more
familiarity with gstreamer comment on what they would do? I don't want to
march off in the wrong direction and have to change direction two months
from now.