troubles with gstreamer installation from Cerbero!

givip pataridzegivi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 15:12:56 UTC 2019

I completely can't understand why description of creating package process is
such unclear.
May be my goal is different from others.

I want to build fresh version of GStreamer (let's say 1.16) and distribute
as a *.deb file(s), as a complete set of libraries, ready to use while
developing applications.

Why I can't install GStreamer on the new machine like this: *$ dpkg -i
gstreamer-1.0_1.16.0*?

Also, I read all docs about creating package with cerbero and have couple
notes:
- By default cerbero create multiple deb files with packed inside data files
with path of current 'build' folder, for example
'home/user/cerbero/build...', not /opt/gstreamer, so the solutions is to set
'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' and 'PATH'. But Where is the guide how to do that
correctly? I don't think, that setting PATH is correct way.
https://stackoverflow.com/a/53730898 <https://stackoverflow.com/a/53730898>
- For Ubuntu cerbero cant figure out the type of system during bootstrap and
require additionally 'apt-get install flex bison'
- For Nvidia Hardware support many issues during build process, will
describe later.

So the main question, related to this topic is "How create deb files,
installable on other ubuntu machine?