troubles with gstreamer installation from Cerbero!

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Mon Oct 7 16:16:05 UTC 2019

There is currently a bug related to deb packaging with cerbero.

   - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/issues/56
   - For more context:
   http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/No-specific-packager-available-for-the-distro-version-ubuntu-16-04-xenial-td4686848.html#a4687008

Traditionally, the maintainers of a given distro have (somehow) created
*.deb packages where the version of gstreamer is fixed for the version of
the target distro (such that transitive dependencies are versioned in a way
which is appropriate for the target distro).  I am not sure if they use
cerbero or something else for that.  (Perhaps they have patched cerbero to
meet their needs but they have not merged the patch into master.)