GST webrtc not finding plugins

Simon Brown simon.k.brown at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 11:20:38 UTC 2019

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 11:38, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca> wrote:

> Le jeu. 10 oct. 2019 04 h 26, Simon Brown <simon.k.brown at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>

>> First thing I would try, is to locate the registry cache
> (.local/cache/..) and remove it. Many times it happened to me that the
> registry was filled before the clock was adjusted on my system, causing
> stalled cache.
>
> Second, I'd double check my path. Be aware the plugin library have no
> version and are located in lib/gstreamer-1.0 directory.

Thanks Nicolas, I've cleared the .cache/gstreamer-1.0 directory and it's
still doing the same.
I have persuaded it to find the webrtc plugin now though, both in the
application and with gst-inspect-1.0, so some progress.  If I have compiled
an application do I need to include all the libraries required for a plugin
if that plugin is called using the gstreamer calling method?  I know I
include the gstwebrtc library when compiling the code, but that's at least
in part because it has to setup callbacks to that module.

Cheers,
Simon