GST webrtc not finding plugins

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Oct 10 14:25:42 UTC 2019

Le jeudi 10 octobre 2019 à 12:20 +0100, Simon Brown a écrit :

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 11:38, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca>
> wrote:
> >
> > Le jeu. 10 oct. 2019 04 h 26, Simon Brown <simon.k.brown at gmail.com>
> > a écrit :
> >
> > First thing I would try, is to locate the registry cache
> > (.local/cache/..) and remove it. Many times it happened to me that
> > the registry was filled before the clock was adjusted on my system,
> > causing stalled cache.
> >
> > Second, I'd double check my path. Be aware the plugin library have
> > no version and are located in lib/gstreamer-1.0 directory.
> >

> Thanks Nicolas, I've cleared the .cache/gstreamer-1.0 directory and
> it's still doing the same.
> I have persuaded it to find the webrtc plugin now though, both in the
> application and with gst-inspect-1.0, so some progress.  If I have
> compiled an application do I need to include all the libraries
> required for a plugin if that plugin is called using the gstreamer
> calling method?  I know I include the gstwebrtc library when
> compiling the code, but that's at least in part because it has to
> setup callbacks to that module.

I'm not totally certain I guess well what exactly you have done. There
is a WebRTC helper library and there is the plugin library, the two are
seperate. You should never have to link to the plugin library (or any
plugin library) on general setup. This is strictly limited to
Android/iOS with static builds.

What may happen is that the --prefix in your build don't match the
installation path, in which case you have to set some env to tell
GStreamer were to look (see gst-launch-1.0 man page / GST_PlUGIN_PATH).