Little help with VAAPI

Pascal Jacquemart pascal at fluffyspider.com
Wed Oct 16 22:28:36 UTC 2019

Hi Jerry,

Yes it is a little confusing...

First make sure the vaapi interface is working by running 'vainfo'

Then if you have compiled and installed gstreamer-vaapi repository you
should see the library in $PREFIX/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvaapi.so

If the library seems to be in the right place, you can force GStreamer
to rebuild its registry: rm -f ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry*

Actually, libav have nothing to do with vaapi. They both provide
encoders and decoders but libav is software based whereas vaapi use
hardware capabilities.

Thanks,          Pascal