forcing interlace mode and top field first

Daniel Rossi electroteque at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 12:05:52 UTC 2019

I have a requirement to passthrough an interlaced stream without
conversion to progressive. And the ability to choose top field first or
bottom field first.

I am using playbin, but disabling deinterlace doesn't seem to work. Is
there another way required ? The stream is either RTMP or SRT.

I've tried to select just some flags, but the interlace mode still shows
up as progressive.

gst-launch-1.0 playbin -vvvv force-aspect-ratio=false
video-sink="kmssink" audio-sink="alsasink
device=iec958:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0" flags=0x00000100+0x00000002+0x00000001
uri=rtmp://url